TONIGHT: Partly cloudy. Low: 58. Winds: Light West.THURSDAY: Mostly sunny with a slight chance of a stray shower or isolated thunderstorm. High: 83. Winds: Light West.Ric KearbeyStorm Team 20 ...more »
Macon County Concealed Carry
Concealed carry is now allowed in Macon County. If the guidelines are followed, anyone carrying a concealed weapon will not be prosecuted.
1. The individual must be issued and in possession of a valid FOID card; and
2. The individual either:
a. Has been issued and is in possession of a valid Concealed Carry Permit from another State which requires firearms safety training as a condition of issuance;
b. Has in his or her possession proof of completion of any of the following:
-any state-established hunter education or safety course; or
-military, law enforcemet, or security firearms training; or
-firearms safety training froma course taught by a national or state organization that certifies firearms instructors, or by an instructor certified by such an organization, or to the public by a law enforcement agency;
3. possess the firearm solely for potential self defense; AND
4. not involved in any type of criminal conduct; AND
5. not under the influence of alcohol or drugs; AND
6. not prohibited by any law or court order from possessing a firearm.