FRIDAY: Mostly sunny, hot and humid with a slight chance of a stray ...more »
JDC Resident Dies After Choking
A 69-year-old resident at the Jacksonville Developmental Center passed away at Passavant Hospital this weekend after he choked on a piece of food at JCD.
John Long was a longtime resident at the facility.
officials said he began to choke after he was given a donut soaked in milk. Preliminary autopsy results show the cause of death is consistent with choking.
The Illinois Department of Public Health and the Department of Human Services are investigating.