MONDAY: Cloudy and breezy with rain showers. High: 46. Winds: Southeast 10-15 mph, gusting to 25 mph.
MONDAY NIGHT: Cloudy with late night showers ending by daybreak. Low: 43. Winds: South 10-15 mph.
Fall Harvest Giftcard Giveaway Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WICS/WICD viewing area
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Illinois Television, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WICS and WICD (the “Stations”), County Market, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household.
(b) To enter, log onto www.wics.com or www.wicd15.com to complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, email address, birth date, and submit. No mechanically completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on November 12, 2012, and ends at 5:00 p.m. CST on November 16, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Stations by 5:00 p.m. CST each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Stations are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) One (1) winner, per station per day, will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of ten (10) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next daily drawing. Winners will be contacted by phone.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the ten (10) winners will receive one County Market Gift Card valued at $25.00.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at the Stations. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within three (3) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Illinois Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Illinois Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Illinois Television, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 E Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62703 or WICD-TV, 250 S. Country Fair Drive Champaign, Illinois 61821 and on the Stations’ websites at www.wics.com or www.wicd15.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICS-TV, 2680 E Cook Street, Springfield, IL 62703 or WICD-TV, 250 S. Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 by December 21, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Illinois Television, LLC, and County Market accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
12 Days of Give AwayThe holidays are here and it is time to get in the spirit with NewsChannel 20 and local businesses. Be sure to enter each day from 12/8 to 12/23 for your chance to win during the 12 Days of Giveaways!
The Ferguson Decision
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Road Trippin NewsMissed a Road Trippin segment that aired in the news? Check it out here!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.