SATURDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and a bit cooler. Low: 47. Winds: Light Northeast.
SUNDAY: Sunny and pleasantly mild. High: 73. Winds: Southeast 5-10 mph.
SUNDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and warm. Low: 62. Winds: South ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Easy Rainbow Minestrone Soup
Made by: Melanie Pavolic, Registered Dietitian, County Market
1 Cup whole-wheat pasta (uncooked)
20oz of frozen mixed vegetables (such as corn, carrots & peas blend)
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1-15.5oz can of kidney beans (rinsed, drained)
1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (such as Italian style)
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper (or to taste)
1. Cook whole wheat pasta in boiling water as directed on package (approximately 8-10 minutes, or until al dente).
2. Then drain the pasta and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the frozen vegetables and the low-sodium vegetable broth in a large pot and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until veggies become tender.
4. Add the canned kidney beans (rinsed, drained) and canned diced tomatoes to the pot of veggies & broth.
5. Add the cooked whole wheat pasta, fresh parsley, black pepper (to taste), and Italian seasoning to the pot and cook until heated all the way through. Enjoy!
Tonight on WICS
Grantland Basketball Hour
College Football Countdown
John Saunders hosts this college football pregame, halftime and postgame show.
College Football Postgame
The Nittany Lions (4-2) look to end a two-game skid when they face the No. 13 Buckeyes in a Big Ten encounter.
Newschannel 20 at 10