TUESDAY NIGHT: Partly cloudy. Low: 26. Winds: East 5-10 mph.
WEDNESDAY: Mostly Sunny and blustery. High: 46. Winds: Southeast 15-20 mph, gusting to 30 mph.
THURSDAY: Slight ...more »
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Easy Rainbow Minestrone Soup
Made by: Melanie Pavolic, Registered Dietitian, County Market
1 Cup whole-wheat pasta (uncooked)
20oz of frozen mixed vegetables (such as corn, carrots & peas blend)
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1-15.5oz can of kidney beans (rinsed, drained)
1-14.5oz can of diced tomatoes (such as Italian style)
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper (or to taste)
1. Cook whole wheat pasta in boiling water as directed on package (approximately 8-10 minutes, or until al dente).
2. Then drain the pasta and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, place the frozen vegetables and the low-sodium vegetable broth in a large pot and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until veggies become tender.
4. Add the canned kidney beans (rinsed, drained) and canned diced tomatoes to the pot of veggies & broth.
5. Add the cooked whole wheat pasta, fresh parsley, black pepper (to taste), and Italian seasoning to the pot and cook until heated all the way through. Enjoy!
Tonight on WICS
A mother and son team pitch affordable wedding cakes; solution to a common dining issue.
Marvel's Agent Carter
Chief Dooley follows a new clue that threatens Peggy's future at the SSR.
Henry and Jo investigate the death of a jazz saxophonist's son; Abe and Henry talk about music.
Newschannel 20 at 10
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Celebrity guests and comedy skits.