FRIDAY NIGHT: Scattered showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Low: 51. Winds: Southeast 10-15 mph.
SATURDAY: Showers and thunderstorms, rain totals between ½-1". High: 65. Winds: Southeast 10-15 mph, gusting up to 25mph.
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Fresh Veggie Pizza
Made by: Joyce Fikri, St. Louis Dairy Council
• 2 (13 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated ready-made pizza dough or 2 (10 7/8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
• 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
• 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
Vegetables for Pizza Topping
• 1/2 head fresh broccoli
• 1 bunch scallions including tops, thinly sliced
• 1 -2 fresh ripe tomato, peeled, seeds removed, diced
• 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, diced
• 4 ounces grated sharp Cheddar cheese (1 cup) or 4 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese (1 cup)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 17x11 rectangular cookie sheet or a 16-ounce pizza pan.
Press pizza dough into pan to form a crust. Bake as directed on package until crust is done and just slightly browned on top. Cool.
Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and ranch dressing together and spread over cooled crust.
Wash and prepare vegetables by dicing them into very small pieces. Drain tomatoes on paper towels to remove all excess moisture, blot until dry.
Top pizza with vegetables, spreading evenly over the pizza and then add cheese.
Cover entire pizza with plastic wrap and gently press toppings into the cream cheese. Refrigerate until serving time.
Sliced green or black olives
Chopped red bell peppers or green peppers
Diced summer squash
This recipe aired August 12, 2013.
Tonight on WICS
8:00 -Bruce Jenner: The Interview
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10