FRIDAY: Mostly Sunny. High: 35. Winds: North 10-15 mph.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Partly cloudy. Low: 25. Winds: South 5-10 mph.
SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy with afternoon rain showers. High: 40. Winds: Southwest ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Grilled Salmon on a Greek Quinoa Salad
Made by: Mason McCoy, CACC Culinary Arts student
7 T olive oil
1/2 c. poblano pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. Quinoa
2 c. water
3 T red wine vinegar
Zest of half a lemon
1/8 t dill weed
1 1/2 t lemon juice
1/4 c. cucumber, 1/4” dice
1/4 c. scallions
1/4 c. Feta Cheese
2-4 Salmon Fillets
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 T of olive oil in a skillet on medium to medium high heat. Sauté poblano pepper for 2-3 minutes, add garlic. Take off of heat when peppers are soft and fork tender.
2. Bring Quinoa and water to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cover for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a separate cup or bowl mix together red wine vinegar, 5 T olive, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice until incorporated.
4. Place cooked Quinoa in a large bowl and toss cucumber, scallions, feta cheese and vinaigrette together. Make sure to keep a small amount of cheese on the side to garnish with. (SERVE WARM)
5. Heat 1 T of olive oil in a skillet or grill on medium to medium high heat. Sprinkle Salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place on heat. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and barely white all the way through. Salmon will be easy to flake with a fork when done.
6. Spoon Quinoa salad on your dish and top with salmon fillet. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. If desired, squeeze lemon juice over the top.
This recipe aired March 19, 2013.
Tonight on WICS
Last Man Standing
Everyone has an opinion on how Eve should deal with her feeling after her first high school breakup.
Daniela thinks Cristela is neglecting her health, but a visit to a clinic reveals surprising news.
Almond water beverage line; eco-friendly pizza box; real estate investing business.
Newschannel 20 at 10
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Celebrity guests and comedy skits.