TUESDAY: Sunny and bitterly cold with blustery winds. High: 27. Morning wind chills between zero and 10 below. Winds: West 15-20 mph.
TUESDAY NIGHT: Partly cloudy. Low: 17. Winds: Light Southwest.
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Grilled Salmon on a Greek Quinoa Salad
Made by: Mason McCoy, CACC Culinary Arts student
7 T olive oil
1/2 c. poblano pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. Quinoa
2 c. water
3 T red wine vinegar
Zest of half a lemon
1/8 t dill weed
1 1/2 t lemon juice
1/4 c. cucumber, 1/4” dice
1/4 c. scallions
1/4 c. Feta Cheese
2-4 Salmon Fillets
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 T of olive oil in a skillet on medium to medium high heat. Sauté poblano pepper for 2-3 minutes, add garlic. Take off of heat when peppers are soft and fork tender.
2. Bring Quinoa and water to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cover for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a separate cup or bowl mix together red wine vinegar, 5 T olive, dill, lemon zest and lemon juice until incorporated.
4. Place cooked Quinoa in a large bowl and toss cucumber, scallions, feta cheese and vinaigrette together. Make sure to keep a small amount of cheese on the side to garnish with. (SERVE WARM)
5. Heat 1 T of olive oil in a skillet or grill on medium to medium high heat. Sprinkle Salmon fillets with salt and pepper and place on heat. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and barely white all the way through. Salmon will be easy to flake with a fork when done.
6. Spoon Quinoa salad on your dish and top with salmon fillet. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. If desired, squeeze lemon juice over the top.
This recipe aired March 19, 2013.