WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 40. Winds: Light Southeast.
THURSDAY: Morning sun gives way to increasing clouds and a passing shower in the afternoon. High: 64. Winds: South 5-10 mph.
THURSDAY NIGHT: Mostly ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Cheese Platter with Fruits and Nuts
Made by: Joyce Fikri, St. Louis Dairy Council
1/2 pound Brie
1/2 pound Gouda
1 pound Cheddar
1 pound crackers and thin gingersnaps
1 pound grapes
3/4 pound almonds or walnuts
1/2 pound dried figs
Arrange cheese on platter with fruit and crackers.
Cheese platter tips:
- Choose 3 to 6 different varieties of cheese. Include an assortment of different flavors, textures and colors.
- Allow for 2 oz. of cheese per guest if you`ll be serving dinner. If cheese is the main event, allow 4 oz. per guest.
- Offer complementary accompaniments such as breads, fruits and nuts.
- Serve the cheese at room temperature, removing it from the refrigerator up to two hours prior to guest arrival.
- Present each cheese in a large wedge to display its natural beauty on a large plate, wooden board or piece of marble.
- Make flag markers with toothpicks to label the cheese.
Tonight on WICS
When Frankie finds a dining room set online for $50, she gives the family's old table to Axl.
Adam accidentally gets Barry kicked out of a group of cool kids at school.
Phil and Claire panic when an obnoxious couple looks at the house for sale next door.
Rainbow and Dre agree they will no longer spank their children.
Rayna's heightened level of fame impacts her kids; Will makes careless mistakes.
Newschannel 20 at 10