THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy with a spotty showers in the afternoon. High: 57. Winds: Southeast 5-10 mph.
THURSDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a stray shower in the evening. Winds become rather gusty after Midnight. ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. It should look like coarse cornmeal with some large lumps of butter.
- While stirring with a fork, add the cold buttermilk.
- Once it has formed a ball, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, gently press the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits by pressing straight up and down.
- Lay biscuits on an ungreased tray and brush with melted butter (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
This recipe aired November 13, 2012.
Tonight on WICS
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Linus waits in the pumpkin patch for the elusive Halloween symbol to appear. TV-G
An assassin who claims he was wrongly accused wants Olivia's help; Fitz makes a stunning move. TV-14
How to Get Away with Murder
Annalise and the team work with a man who was sentenced to death by Asher's father. TV-14
Newschannel 20 at 10
Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Actor Scott Foley; Smokey Robinson, Aloe Blacc and JC Chasez perform.TV-14
Secrets of a Geisha; Hawaiian Town Battles Unstoppable Lava Flow