SATURDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and a bit cooler. Low: 47. Winds: Light Northeast.
SUNDAY: Sunny and pleasantly mild. High: 73. Winds: Southeast 5-10 mph.
SUNDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear and warm. Low: 62. Winds: South ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. It should look like coarse cornmeal with some large lumps of butter.
- While stirring with a fork, add the cold buttermilk.
- Once it has formed a ball, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, gently press the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits by pressing straight up and down.
- Lay biscuits on an ungreased tray and brush with melted butter (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
This recipe aired November 13, 2012.
Tonight on WICS
Grantland Basketball Hour
College Football Countdown
John Saunders hosts this college football pregame, halftime and postgame show.
College Football Postgame
The Nittany Lions (4-2) look to end a two-game skid when they face the No. 13 Buckeyes in a Big Ten encounter.
Newschannel 20 at 10