WEDNESDAY: Sunny. High: 61. Winds: Light East.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 41. Winds: Light Southeast.
THURSDAY: Morning sun gives way to increasing clouds and scattered showers in the afternoon. High: ...
For even more recipes, View Our Recipe Archives
Made by: MCL Restaurant & Bakery Executive Chef Ian Kille
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, cold
1 cup buttermilk
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the cold butter into the flour mixture. It should look like coarse cornmeal with some large lumps of butter.
- While stirring with a fork, add the cold buttermilk.
- Once it has formed a ball, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
6. Using floured hands, gently press the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick.
- Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits by pressing straight up and down.
- Lay biscuits on an ungreased tray and brush with melted butter (if desired).
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 10-12 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately.
This recipe aired November 13, 2012.
Tonight on WICS
7:30 - Manhattan Love Story
8:00 - Marvel's Agents of Shield
9:00 - Forever
10:00 - ABC Newschannel 20 Nightside