SATURDAY NIGHT: Cloudy, scattered showers over western counties. Low: 57. Winds: East 5-15 mph.
SUNDAY: Rain with embedded thunderstorms. Rain totals between 1/2 and 1". High: 68. Winds: West 5-15 mph.
Road Trippin Text 2 Win Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Illinois residents who are 21 years of age or older, reside in the WICS-TV or WICD-TV viewing area and have a text capable mobile device.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WICS-TV and WICD-TV (collectively the Stations), WRSP, WBUI, WCCU, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Par-A-Dice, the Shoppes at Grand Prairie and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term immediate families includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase necessary. One entry per person per day. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) On Friday November 15, 2013, viewers will be asked to watch the WICS or WICD Sunrise This Morning newscast from 5:00am to 7:00am CST on channels 20 or 15 to obtain the contest keyword. Then, to enter, text the keyword to short code 43817. Text HELP to 43817 for help. Text STOP to 43817 to cancel. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. Entrants will receive one (1) message relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services.
(c) The contest starts at 5:00 a.m. CST on November 15, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 7:00 a.m. CST on November 15, 2013. The Stations are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) On November 15, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Stations and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will receive the following prize: one (1) night hotel accommodations, one room, double occupancy at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Morton, Illinois valued at $140, Par-A-Dice voucher to dine at the buffet valued at $21.98, Shoppes at Grand Prairie gift card valued at $100. Total prize value is $261.98. The hotel accommodations are subject to reservation, availability, black-out dates, and must be used by July 31, 2014. The hotel accommodations do not include transportation, meals, gratuities, travel insurance, or any other expenses.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 2 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. Station and sponsor are not responsible for winners failure to use the prize in the time frame described above, or cancellation by winner.
8. Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, Illinois 62703 or WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 and on the Stations websites at www.wics.com or www.wicd15.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield, Illinois 62703 or WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 by December 31, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. The Stations, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Par-A-Dice, and the Shoppes at Grand Prairie accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Stations are not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Tonight on WICS
8:00 - In an Instant
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10