TUESDAY NIGHT: Clear. Low 42. Winds: Light.WEDNESDAY: Sunny. High: 74 Winds: South-southeast 10-20 mph, gusting up to 25 mph.more »
"Fan of the Day" Facebook Contest Rules
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WICS-TV/WICD-TV(collectively, the Stations), WBUI, WCCU, WRSP, American Dairy Queen(R), Facebook.com, Facebook, Inc., Ciceron, Inc., Buddy Media, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How To Enter1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per household per day.
2. To enter, visit the WICS ABC 20 Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wicsabc20 or the WICD ABC 15 Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wicdabc15 and click Like to access the Fan of the Day content features and contest entry form located on the ABC 20 Extra tab or ABC 15 Central tab. Complete the entry form located on the ABC 20 Extra tab or ABC 15 Central tab with your name, address, phone, e-mail address, birth date and that you read the contest rules. No mechanically reproduced or incomplete entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts on August 5, 2013, and ends at 5:00 p.m. CDT on August 9, 2013 (the Contest Period). Entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. CDT each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, server unavailability, or cellular, wireless, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. Each weekday during the Contest Period, two (2) daily winners (one winner per station per day) will be randomly selected from among valid entries, for a total of ten (10) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next daily drawing. The daily winner will be notified by phone.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including pictures) become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The Prize(s) 1. Each of the ten (10) winners will receive a $10 American Dairy Queen(R) Gift Card. Each prize is valued at $10. The prize must be redeemed by September 30, 2013.
2. The winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming the prize, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Stations at the time of notification. The winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification at the time winners claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Stations reserve the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 10 working days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Stations. Another winner will not be accepted.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Stations. The Stations have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered on WICS-TV, WICD-TV or their respective web sites.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Stations, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winners failure to use the gift card within the time frame described above.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC have the right to publicize your character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous 1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WICD-TV, 250 Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 or WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield IL, 62703 and on the Stations websites at www.wicd15.com or www.wics.com .
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WICD-TV, 250 South Country Fair Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61821 or WICS-TV, 2680 East Cook Street, Springfield IL, 62703 by September 6, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Illinois, LLC, American Dairy Queen(R), Ciceron, Inc., and Buddy Media, Inc. accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Stations cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information
6. Stations reserve the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Stations, any sponsors, American Dairy Queen(R), Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrants participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, Facebook) are not affiliated with the Stations nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.
TrafficGet up to the minute traffic reports from WICS NewsChannel 20!
Health MattersFeaturing news segment videos about health.
In The KitchenWatch the area's best chefs whip up their tastiest creations. See them in action and get their recipes to try at home.
Behind The HeadlinesGet Behind the Headlines commentary with Mark Hyman.
Ready, Set, ShredIn an exclusive eight-week investigation, ABC Newschannel 20 digs deep into the Springfield police document shredding scandal.
Pay it ForwardPay It Forward... because sometimes people need a little extra help.
Ask the ExpertDo you need expert advice? Here's your chance to ask our experts!
Your Voice. Your Future.As the country faces challenges from federal budget issues to jobs and national debt, your voice is critical to the future.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us! Check out all the great attractions in your area!
Pump PatrolCheck out the ABC Newschannel 20's Pump Patrol to find the lowest prices, report low prices and get gas saving tips.
Spotlight 20Local organizations and community leaders tell us about events in central Illinois.
Raw NewsWatch extra news footage, full interviews, and extended stories that didn't make it on air. "Raw News" may include content that is not suitable for children and is intended for mature audiences only.
On the FarmWhether it's topical segments on what's happening on local farms to commodity prices, we have the world of central Illinois agriculture covered.
Home RoomWhen's the next school board meeting? Where's the basketball game? What's for lunch today? Do we have a snow day tomorrow? We have all the information you need for a successful school year--no pencil or ...
No Text ZoneTexting while driving kills thousands of people each year. Many more are seriously injured. Keep central Illinois roads safe by taking the "No Text Zone" pledge.
Business NewsStay up-to-date on the biggest business stories from around the nation.
Pet of the WeekThe cutest video you'll see anywhere! You won't be able to resist these adorable friends who need someone to love them.
Waste WatchHow are your tax dollars being spent? Waste Watch tracks whether local, state and federal governments are using your money wisely...or wasting it.
Washington TimesPolitics, Breaking News, US and World News.
Health Care ReformThe Supreme Court ruling to uphold the Affordable Care Act sparked a new battle. Check here daily for the latest developments, locally and across the country.
Tonight on WICS
7:30 - Repeat After Me
8:00 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
9:00 - Forever
10:00 - NewsChannel 20 at 10